Tuesday 5 August 2008

MaryLee's Healthy Food and Easy Cooking - Noodle Soup

Hello again,

Here is an easy soup to make and it takes no time at all to prepare.

I find a lot of times in the evening if I am late getting home and I really do not want to have anything heavy but I want something to hold me over, I tend to stick with soup. If I really do not want to cook at all, I will sometimes have a bowl of cereal, but today I will give you my Noodle Soup idea.

1 tbsp (tablespoon) light oil
6 – 10 mushrooms sliced
1 – 2 clove garlic chopped
4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
2 bundles of chinese noodles or glass noodles
2 – 3 green onions chopped
1 green chilli seeded & chopped
5 green beans chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice or rice vinegar if you have
2 tbsp sherry or rice wine (optional)
1 tsp (teaspoon) sesame oil

In saucepan heat light oil, add the onion, garlic and cook over medium heat until softened. Add the mushrooms and chilli pepper, continue cooking for another minute.

Add the stock and remaining ingredients to pan bring to boil then turn heat down to low and cover for 5 minutes or until noodles have become soft.

Perfect, a light meal that is easy to make and very little preparation is needed.

Add 2 – 3 sliced ginger root if you happen to have any for an added flavour.

No comments: