Thursday 3 July 2008

MaryLee's Healthy Food and Easy Cooking - Fruit, Nut and Yogurt Surprise

Hello again,

I have talked about how cooking does not have to be difficult and it can be enjoyable to do.

When I am cooking I use that time to think through problems I am having or plan what I need to do tomorrow. Or, I have a portable stand/speaker for my I-Pod so I can have it in any room I want, that way I can have my favourite music playing or an audio book or language course, depending on my mood.

I have talked about main meals but what about a desert that is easy to make and healthy enough but I would not recommending this every night.

Fruit, Nut and Yogurt surprise, depending on the time of year I use what fruit is in season.

Fresh strawberries sliced
Fresh peaches sliced
Fresh blueberries
Toasted pine nuts
Sliced walnuts
Plain Yogurt (I use Greek as it is thick)
Honey

In bowl place layer of strawberries, sprinkle with walnuts cover with a layer of yogurt. Then place sliced peaches over the yogurt sprinkle again with walnuts cover with yogurt. Top with blueberries, pine nuts and then drizzle honey over the top.

This is so easy to make and it has wonderful flavours, the sweet of the fruit and honey with the tart of the yogurt and crunch of the nuts.

No comments: